Friday, August 26, 2011

Creijing Part 1

Hello family and friends,

Long time no post.  This week I just started my teaching again.  The great thing about teaching in the public schools in Korea as opposed to the private institutes is that you get great vacations.  I was able to use my vacation to go and visit a couple who had recently gotten married and moved to China.  In contrast to my ample vacation time, my girlfriend only had 4 vacation days for the whole year, but she seemed to really enjoy it.

One of the things that Young and I were most excited about before arriving in Beijing was the food.  Korea has it's own version of Chinese food which was made by Chinese immigrants in Korea, but they do not have many restaurants which serve Szechuwan and other Chinese styles which are popular in the US.  Dishes such as Kung Pao, Brocolli Beef, Chau Fun, and almond chicken are rarely seen here.  One of the great parts of China was being able to see dishes like these ones as well as others such as ...







Next post will be the Great Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment