Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Birthday Weekend

This past weekend, I decided to have a bigger birthday party than last years.  I chose to go to Hongdae with some friends.  I wanted to have some Shabu Shabu at a nice Chinese restaurant, but some of my guests were complaining about the price, so we left and went to a Korean place that was a little bit cheaper and didn't look as nice. 

I wanted to go to see a band play some jazz or rock music, but I wasn't familiar with the area and settled for a music bar instead.  I was able to request songs on the books they passed to each table, but they were not willing to play "Dazed and Confused".  But they played a song which wasn't half an hour long.

Then on Sunday night, one of my new Korean friends took me to a Japanese ramen restaurant.  The place is a real hole in the wall.  All I could see was a group of people huddled outside near a heat lamp.  I had not idea that there was a restaurant right a few feet away. 

Once we finished waiting, we had some delicious ramen with fresh crushed garlic. 
Young adds sesame seeds to her ramen

No comments:

Post a Comment